AWS Solutions Architect
The course is intended for individuals who want to perform in a solutions architect role. This course teach how to demonstrate knowledge of how to architect and deploy secure and robust applications on AWS technologies.
• 1 year of hands-on experience designing available, cost-effective, faulttolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS.
• Hands-on experience using compute, networking, storage, and database AWS services.
• Hands-on experience with AWS deployment and management services.
• Ability to identify and define technical requirements for an AWS-based application.
• Ability to identify which AWS services meet a given technical requirement.
• Knowledge of recommended best practices for building secure and reliable applications on the AWS platform.
• An understanding of the basic architectural principles of building in the AWS Cloud.
• An understanding of the AWS global infrastructure.
• An understanding of network technologies as they relate to AWS.
• An understanding of security features and tools that AWS provides and how they relate to traditional services.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
• Define a solution using architectural design principles based on customer requirements.
• Provide implementation guidance based on best practices to an organization throughout the lifecycle of a project.
Design Resilient Architectures
• Design a multi-tier architecture solution
• Design highly available and/or fault-tolerant architectures
• Design decoupling mechanisms using AWS services
• Choose appropriate resilient storage
Design High-Performing Architectures
• Identify elastic and scalable compute solutions for a workload
• Select high-performing and scalable storage solutions for a workload
• Select high-performing networking solutions for a workload
• Choose high-performing database solutions for a workload
Design Secure Applications and Architectures
• Design secure access to AWS resources
• Design secure application tiers
• Select appropriate data security options
Design Cost-Optimized Architectures
• Identify cost-effective storage solutions
• Identify cost-effective compute and database services
• Design cost-optimized network architectures